Roblox Gamer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Roblox Gamer

Roblox gamer forum!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New rules! READ!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
iamanewbie
Admin
iamanewbie

New rules! READ! Empty
PostSubject: New rules! READ!   New rules! READ! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 10:35 am

These are the temporary forum rules until Bob can post the official ones. And, here is the envelope:

1: NO SPAMMING.
These are examples of spam:

hi
Come buy a super-cool medicine!
(Blank posts)
None of this:

2: NO SWEARING.

Any obscene word you would not find in a G-rated movie must not be typed here. I promise a 7-day ban if you do this once, 14-day if done twice, and done a third time, banned for good.

3: NO SURPRISE THREADS.

Examples, please:

thread
Come visit my...
If you could...
"qwerty threads" which are blank threads with just spam and profanity in them.

4: NO SPAM BOTS.

A spam bot is a auto-spam released by hackers, often coming from different IP adresses and/or usernames.
They can often release large amounts of spam, and crash the forum. We have the ability to eliminate these things, so don't think of making one, as we can report you to the proper authorities.

5: NO DOUBLE POSTS.
They are pointless and they won't let you be read more. We will delete them and possibly ban you.

6. NO ALTS
An alt is a extra account for a person who is already registered. Making these are pointless and make the forum look more popular. Do not create these, as iamanewbie, Gamka, Bob, or Fathertime WILL ban and delete alts, and if several are made by one user, we will ban that user. The only exception to this rule is creating another account from a unfair ban.

7. NO PUTTING LINKS TO ADULT CONTENT!
If we find it, it goes away along with your account.

8. NO THREADS WITH "Help! I've been hacked on this forum/Roblox!" OR PITY THREADS.
To ward off any thoughts of hacking, here is how the forum stores a user's password:
Step 1: The user creates a password when registering for the forum.
Step 2: The password is then stored in a encryted database.
Step 3: The database translates the password to scrambled binary code.
Step 4: Whenever the user logs in, the password is quickly verified and placed back into the database.

So no "hacked!" threads, as we mods can remove them quite quickly.

Pity threads: any thread mounrning something. None of these, as these can turn into flame threads.

9. NO IRREVELANT THREADS.
Any threads that is in the wrong sub-forum will be moved to the correct one, but if it has to be done too many times, the user will get a 14-day ban.

10. NO USERNAMES WITH "ADMIN" OR "MODERATOR" IN THEM!
These can lead people to believe that you have the power of a mod/administrator. If you have done this on accident, drop a real mod/admin to ban that username and let you create a new one.

11. NO EDITING THESE RULES WITHOUT PERMISSION!
It's really starting to get on my nerves![i]

Last edited by iamanewbie on Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:47 am; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : New rules/editing some old ones)
Back to top Go down
http://www.roblox.com/User.aspx?ID=1855192

New rules! READ!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roblox Gamer :: In General-
Jump to: